Going Up the Country
I′m going up the country
Baby, don't you wanna go?
I′m going up the country
Baby, don't you wanna go?
I'm going to some place
Where I′ve never been before
I′m going, I'm going
Where the water tastes like wine
I′m going where the water tastes like wine
We can jump in the water
Stay drunk all the time
I'm gonna leave this city, got to get away
I′m gonna leave this city, got to get away
All this fussing and fighting, man, you know I sure can't stay
Now baby, pack your leaving trunk, you know we′ve got to leave today
Just exactly where we're going I cannot say
But we might even leave the U.S.A.
'Cause there′s a brand new game that I wanna play
No use of you running or screaming and crying
′Cause you've got a home, man
Long as I′ve got mineDreamer - Ozzy Osbourne C Am Gazing through the window at the world outside C Am Wondering will mother earth survive F Dm G Hoping that man kind will stop abusing her, sometime C Am After all there's only just the two of us C Am And here we are still fighting for our lives F Dm G Watching all of history repeat itself, time after time C Am Em G I'm just a dreamer, I dream my life away C Am Em G I'm just a dreamer who dreams of better days C Am I watch the sun go down like everyone of us C Am I'm hoping that the dawn will bring a sign F Dm G A better place for those who will come after us, this time C Am Em G I'm just a dreamer, I dream my life away, oh yeah C Am Em G I'm just a dreamer who dreams of better days Dm G You're higher power may be God or Jesus Christ Dm G It doesn't really matter much to me Dm G Without each others help their ain't no hope for us Dm G I'm living in a dream of fantasy, oh yeah, yeah, yeah... Solo: C Am (x3) Em G C Am If only we could all just find seranity C Am It would be nice if we could live as one F Dm G When will all this anger hate and bigotry be gone C Am Em G I'm just a dreamer, I dream my life away, today. C Am Em G I'm just a dreamer who dreams of better days, oh yeah! C Am Em G I'm just a dreamer who's searching for the way, today... C Am Em G I'm just a dreamer, dreaming my life away, oh yeah, yeah, C yeah... C Am C Am
Something in the way
Underneath the bridge
Tarp has sprung a leak
And the animals I've trapped
Have all become my pets
And I'm living off of grass
And the drippings from my ceiling
It's okay to eat fish
'Cause they don't have any feelingsSomething in the way
Mmm-mmetc.
Maggies FarmI ain't gonna work on Maggie's farm no more.
No, I ain't gonna work on Maggie's farm no more.
Well, I wake in the morning,
Fold my hands and pray for rain.
I got a head full of ideas
That are drivin' me insane.
It's a shame the way she makes me scrub the floor.
I ain't gonna work on Maggie's farm no more.
I ain't gonna work for Maggie's brother no more.
No, I ain't gonna work for Maggie's brother no more.
Well, he hands you a nickel,
He hands you a dime,
He asks you with a grin
If you're havin' a good time,
Then he fines you every time you slam the door.
I ain't gonna work for Maggie's brother no more.
I ain't gonna work for Maggie's pa no more.
No, I ain't gonna work for Maggie's pa no more.
Well, he puts his cigar
Out in your face just for kicks.
His bedroom window
It is made out of bricks.
The National Guard stands around his door.
Ah, I ain't gonna work for Maggie's pa no more.
I ain't gonna work for Maggie's ma no more.
No, I ain't gonna work for Maggie's ma no more.
Well, she talks to all the servants
About man and God and law.
Everybody says
She's the brains behind pa.
She's sixty-eight, but she says she's twenty-four.
I ain't gonna work for Maggie's ma no more.BikoSeptember '77
Port Elizabeth weather fine
It was business as usual
In police room 619
Oh Biko, Biko, because Biko
Oh Biko, Biko, because Biko
Yihla Moja, Yihla Moja
-The man is dead
When I try to sleep at night
I can only dream in red
The outside world is black and white
With only one colour dead
Oh Biko, Biko, because Biko
Oh Biko, Biko, because Biko
Yihla Moja, Yihla Moja
-The man is dead
You can blow out a candle
But you can't blow out a fire
Once the flames begin to catch
The wind will blow it higher
Oh Biko, Biko, because Biko
Yihla Moja, Yihla Moja
-The man is dead
And the eyes of the world are
Watching nowCigarette TreesA You piss in my boot And you tell me it’s rain D You smell like money A On land you reclaim Top off that sludge pond Run black through our sinks D Heavy on the corn when we A fill up our drinks A Dig out our coal Turn it into cash D Starve out our homelands A But keep your wallets fat Shake down our houses With your big old draglines D And bury our families A deep in them mines A Why not plant cigarette trees? D They’d burn faster than A You’d log these Fill up them valleys Slurry them streams D But big ole king coal A Bm D Don’t you loose any sleep A D A D A Bm D A Strip off her top Knock her to her knees D Disgrace that big ole mountain A With your broad-form deed Kill animal and human Every plant and herb D You can’t help but leave the sky A So we can still flip you the bird A What will we do With no mountains to climb D When you disappear A And you shut down the mines Pray God gives you mercy In the place you should dwell D That you don’t burn like coal A When you’re sentenced to hell A Why not plant cigarette trees? D They’d burn faster than A You’d log these Fill up them valleys Slurry them streams D But big ole king coal A Bm D Don’t you loose any sleep
Breathe / TimeBreathe, breathe in the air Don't be afraid to care Leave but don't leave me Look around, choose your own ground For long you live and high you fly And smiles you'll give and tears you'll cry And all your touch and all you see Is all your life will ever be Run, rabbit run Dig that hole, forget the sun And when at last the work is done Don't sit down, it's time to dig another one For long you live and high you fly But only if you ride the tide And balanced on the biggest wave You race towards an early graveTicking away the moments that make up a dull day You fritter and waste the hours in an offhand way Kicking around on a piece of ground in your home town Waiting for someone or something to show you the way Tired of lying in the sunshine, staying home to watch the rain You are young and life is long, and there is time to kill today And then one day you find ten years have got behind you No one told you when to run, you missed the starting gun So you run and you run to catch up with the sun but it's sinking Racing around to come up behind you again The sun is the same in a relative way but you're older Shorter of breath and one day closer to death Every year is getting shorter never seem to find the time Plans that either come to naught or half a page of scribbled lines Hanging on in quiet desperation is the English way The time is gone, the song is over Thought I'd something more to sayThe Boxer Simon&Garfunkel | C | C C/B Am I am just a poor boy, though my story's seldom told G I have squandered my resistance G7 G6 C For a pocketful of mumbles such are promises C/B Am G F All lies and jest still a man hears what he wants to hear C G F G C And disregards the rest C C/B Am When I left my home and family I was no more than a boy G In the company of strangers G7 G6 C In the quiet of a railway station running scared C/B Am G F Laying low seeking out the poorer quarters where the ragged C people go G F G C Looking for the places only they would know Am Em Lie-la-lie Lie-la-la-la-la lie-la-lie Am G C Lie la lie Lie-la la la la la lie la la la la lie C C/B Am Asking only workmans wages I come looking for a job G But I get no offers G7 G6 C Just a come-on from the whores on Seventh Avenue C/B Am G F I do declare there were times when I was so lonesome I took C G C some comfort there La-la-la-la-la-la-la Am Em Lie-la-lie Lie-la-la-la-la lie-la-lie Am G C Lie la lie Lie-la la la la la lie la la la la lie C C/B Am Then I'm laying out my winter clothes and wishing I was gone G G7 G6 C Going home where the New York City winters aren't bleeding me Em Am Leading me-e G7 C Going home C C/B Am In the clearing stands a boxer and a fighter by his trade G And he carries the reminders G7 G6 C Of ev'ry glove that laid him down or cut him till he cried out C/B Am In his anger and his shame G F C "I am leaving, I am leaving." but the fighter still remains G F G C Hm, hm, hm Am Em Lie-la-lie Lie-la-la-la-la lie-la-lie Am G Am Lie la lie Lie-la la la la la lie la la la la lie Am Em Lie-la-lie Lie-la-la-la-la lie-la-lie Am G C Lie la lie Lie-la la la la la lie la la la la lieWish you were here Pink Floyd C D So, so you think you can tell, Am G Heaven from Hell, blue skies from pain. D C Can you tell a green field from a cold steel rail, Am a smile from a veil, G Do you think you can tell? C D Did they get you to trade your heroes for ghosts, Am G Hot ashes for trees, hot air for a cool breeze, D cold comfort for change, C Am And did you exchange a walk on part in the war G for a lead role in a cage? [Instrumental] Em7 G Em7 G Em7 A7sus4 Em7 A7sus4 G C D How I wish, how I wish you were here. Am G We're just two lost souls swimming in a fish bowl, year after year, D C Running over the same old ground. What have we found? Am G The same old fears. Wish you were here! [Instrumental] Em7 G Em7 G Em7 A7sus4 Em7 A7sus4 G x2It's all over now Baby Blue D and Dadd4 A G D You must leave now, take what you need, you think will last A G D But whatever you wish to keep, you better grab it fast Em G D Yonder stands your orphan with his gun Em G D Crying like a fire in the sun F#7 G A Look out the saints are coming through Em G D And it's all over now, Baby Blue. A G D The highway is for gamblers, better use your sense. A G D Take what you have gathered from coincidence. Em G D The empty-handed painter from your streets Em G D Is drawing crazy patterns on your sheets. F#7 G A The sky, too, is folding under you Em G D And it's all over now, Baby Blue. A G D All your seasick sailors, they are rowing home. A G D Your empty handed armies, they're all going home. Em G D The lover who just walked out your door Em G D Has taken all his blankets from the floor. F#7 G A The carpet, too, is moving under you Em G D And it's all over now, Baby Blue. A G D Leave your stepping stones behind, something calls for you. A G D Forget the dead you've left, they will not follow you. Em G D The vagabond who's rapping at your door Em G D Is standing in the clothes that you once wore. F#7 G A Strike another match, go start anew Em G D And it's all over now, Baby Blue.I'm a man of constant sorrow trad G D G In constant sorrow all through his days G C I Am A Man Of Constant Sorrow D G * I've seen trouble all my day. C I bid farewell to old Kentucky D G The place where I was born and raised. D G The place where he was born and raised G C For six long years I've been in trouble D G No pleasures here on earth I found C For in this world I'm bound to ramble D G I have no friends to help me now. D G He has no friends to help him now G C It's fare thee well my old lover D G I never expect to see you again C For I'm bound to ride that northern railroad D G Perhaps I'll die upon this train. D G Perhaps he'll die upon this train. G C You can bury me in some deep valley D G For many years where I may lay C Then you may learn to love another D G While I am sleeping in my grave. D G While he is sleeping in his grave. G C Maybe your friends think I'm just a stranger D G My face you'll never see no more. C But there is one promise that is given D G I'll meet you on God's golden shore. D G He'll meet you on God's golden shore..
Like a hurricaneOnce I thought I saw you in a crowded, hazy bar
Dancing on the light from star to star
Far across a moonbeam, I know that's who you are
I saw your brown eyes turning once to fire
You are like a hurricane
There's calm in your eye
And I'm gettin' blown away
To somewhere safer where the feeling stays
I want to love you, but I'm getting blown away
I am just a dreamer, but you are just a dream
You could have been anyone to me
Before that moment you touched my lips
That perfect feeling when time just slips
Away between us on our foggy trip
You are like a hurricane
There's calm in your eye
And I'm gettin' blown away
To somewhere safer where the feeling stays
I want to love you, but I'm getting blown away
Blown away
You are just a dreamer, and I am just a dream
You could have been anyone to me
Before that moment you touched my lips
That perfect feeling when time just slips
Away between us on our foggy trip
You are like a hurricane
There's calm in your eye
And I'm gettin' blown away
To somewhere safer where the feeling stays
I want to love you, but I'm getting blown awayWhiskey in the jarAs I was goin' over the Cork and Kerry mountains
I saw captain Farrell and his money he was countin'
I first produced my pistol and then produced my rapier
I said stand o'er and deliver or the devil he may take ya
Musha ring dum a do dum a da
Whack for my daddy-o
Whack for my daddy-o
There's whiskey in the jar-o
I took all of his money and it was a pretty penny
I took all of his money and I brought it home to Molly
She swore that she'd love me, never would she leave me
But the devil take that woman for you know she tricked me easy
Musha ring dum a do dum a da
Whack for my daddy-o
Whack for my daddy-o
There's whiskey in the jar-o
Being drunk and weary I went to Molly's chamber
Takin' my money with me and I never knew the danger
For about six or maybe seven in walked captain Farrell
I jumped up, fired off my pistols and I shot him with both barrels
Musha ring dum a do dum a da
Whack for my daddy-o
Whack for my daddy-o
There's whiskey in the jar-o
Now some men like the fishin' and some men like the fowlin'
And some men like to hear a cannon ball a roarin'
Me, I like sleepin' specially in my Molly's chamber
But here I am in prison, here I am with a ball and chain, yeahRef
A Rainy Night in Soho
I′ve been loving you a long time
Down all the years, down all the days
And I've cried for all your troubles
Smiled at your funny little ways
We watched our friends grow up together
And we saw them as they fell
Some of them fell into Heaven
Some of them fell into Hell
I took shelter from a shower
And I stepped into your arms
On a rainy night in Soho
The wind was whistling all its charms
I sang you all my sorrows
You told me all your joys
Whatever happened to that old song?
To all those little girls and boys
Sometimes I′d wake up in the morning
The ginger lady by my bed
Covered in a cloak of silence
I'd hear you talking in my head
I'm not singing for the future
I′m not dreaming of the past
I′m not talking of the first times
I never think about the last
Now the song is nearly over
We may never find out what it means
Still there's a light I hold before me
You′re the measure of my dreams
The measure of my dreamsThe Foggy Dew Irish Trad. As down the glen one Easter morn To a city fair rode I There armed lines of marching men In squadrons passed me by No fife did hum, no battle drum Did sound its dred tattoo But the Angelus bells o'er the Liffey's swell Rang out through the foggy dew Right proudly high over Dublin town They hung out the flag of war 'Twas better to die 'neath an Irish sky Than at Suvla or Sud el Bar And from the plains of Royal Meath Strong men came hurrying through While Brittania's huns with theirlong-range guns Sailed in through the foggy dew 'Twas Brittania bade our wild geese go That small nations might be free But their lonely graves are by Suvla's waves On the shore of the gray North Sea But had they died by Pearse's side Or fought with Cathal Brugha Their names we would keep where the Fenians sleep 'Neath the shroud of the foggy dew But the bravest fell, and the requiem bell Rang mournfully and clear For those who died that Eastertide In the springing of the year And the world did gaze in deep amaze At those fearless men, but few Who bore the fight that freedom's light Might shine through the foggy dew
You can`t always get what you want I saw her today at the reception, a glass of wine in her hand I knew she was gonna meet her connection, at her feet was a footloose man You can't always get what you want You can't always get what you want You can't always get what you want but if you try sometimes, you might find, you get what you need I went down to the demonstration, to get my fair share of abuse Singing, "we're gonna vent our frustration, if we don't we're gonna blow a 50 amp fuse I went down to the Chelsea Drug Store, to get your prescription filled I was standing in line with Mr. Jimmy and man did he look pretty ill We decided we would have a soda, my favorite flavour: cherry red I sung my song to Mr. Jimmy, and he said one word to me and that was "dead" I saw her today at the reception, in her glass was a bleeding man She was practiced at the art of deception, I could tell by her bloodstained hands
Sweet Dreams (Are Made Of This)
Sweet dreams are made of this
Who am I to disagree?
I travelled the world and the seven seas
Everybody′s looking for something
Some of them want to use you
Some of them want to get used by you
Some of them want to abuse you
Some of them want to be abused
Sweet dreams are made of this
Who am I to disagree?
I travelled the world and the seven seas
Everybody's looking for something
Hold your head up, keep your head up (movin′ on)
Hold your head up (movin' on), keep your head up (movin' on)
Hold your head up (movin′ on), keep your head up (movin′ on)
Hold your head up (movin' on), keep your head up
Some of them want to use you
Some of them want to get used by you
Some of them want to abuse you
Some of them want to be abused
Hold your head up, keep your head up (movin′ on)
Hold your head up (movin' on), keep your head up (movin′ on)
Hold your head up (movin' on), keep your head up (movin′ on)
Hold your head up (movin' on), keep your head up
Sweet dreams are made of this
Who am I to disagree?
I travelled the world and the seven seas
Everybody's looking for something
Sweet dreams are made of this
Who am I to disagree?
I travelled the world and the seven seas
Everybody′s looking for something
Sweet dreams are made of this
Who am I to disagree?
I travelled the world and the seven seas
Everybody′s looking for something
Sweet dreams are made of this
Who am I to disagree?
I travelled the world and the seven seas
Everybody's looking for something
Mighty Quinn
Everybody′s building
Ships and boats
Some are building monuments
And others are jottin' down notes
Everybody′s in despair
Every girl and boy
When Quinn the Eskimo gets here
Everybody's gonna jump for joy
Come on without
Come on within
You'll not see nothing like the Mighty Quinn
Come on without
Come on within
You′ll not see nothing like the Mighty Quinn
Let me do what I wanna do
Like my sugar sweet
But jumping queues and making haste
Ain′t my cup of meat
Everybody is beneath the trees
Feeding pigeons on a limb
When Quinn the Eskimo gets here
All the pigeons gonna run to him
Come on without
Come on within
You'll not see nothing like the Mighty Quinn
Come on without
Come on within
You′ll not see nothing like the Mighty Quinn
Let me do what I wanna do
Like my sugar sweet
But jumping queues and making haste
Ain't my cup of meat
Nobody can get no sleep
Someone on everyones toes
When Quinn the Eskimo gets here
Everybody′s gonna wanna doze
Come on without
Come on within
You'll not see nothing like the Mighty Quinn
Come on without
Come on within
You′ll not see nothing like the Mighty Quinn
Come on without
Come on within
You'll not see nothing like the Mighty Quinn
Come on without
Come on within
You'll not see nothing like the Mighty Quinn
Come on without
Come on withinCortez the killerHe came dancing across the water
With his galleons and guns
Looking for the new world
And that palace in the sun.
On the shore lay Montezuma
With his coca leaves and pearls
In his halls he often wandered
With the secrets of the worlds.
And his subjects gathered 'round him
Like the leaves around a tree
In their clothes of many colors
For the angry gods to see.
And the women all were beautiful
And the men stood straight and strong
They offered life in sacrifice
So that others could go on.
Hate was just a legend
And war was never known
The people worked together
And they lifted many stones.
And they carried them to the flatlands
But they died along the way
And they built up with their bare hands
What we still can't do today.
And I know she's living there
And she loves me to this day
I still can't remember when
Or how I lost my way.
He came dancing across the water
Cortez, Cortez
What a killer.I`d love to change the World Em / // G / // Everywhere is freaks and hairies, Am / // C / // B / / dykes and fairies, tell me where is sanity?
Em G Am C B Em / // G / // Tax the rich, feed the poor Am / // C / // B / / 'til there are no rich no more Em G Am C B Em G Am C B I'd love to change the world, but I don't know what to Em G Am C B do So I leave it up to Em G Am C B you Em / // G / // Population keeps on breedin' Am / // C / // B / / Nation bleedin', still no feedin' Em G Am C B Economy Em / // G / // Life is funny, skies are sunny Am / // C / // B / / bees make honey, who needs money? Em G Am C B monopoly Em G Am C B I'd love to change the world, but I don't know what to Em G Am C B do So I leave it up to Em G Am C B you Em / // G / // More pollution, there's no solution, Am / // C / // B / / institution, electrocution, Em / // G / // just black and white, rich and poor, Am / // C / // B / / them and us, stop the war Em G Am C B Em G Am C B Em G Am C B I'd love to change the world, but I don't know what to Em G Am C B do So I leave it up to Em G Am C B youFisherman's Blues The Waterboys G F I wish I was a fisherman, tumbling on the seas Am C Far away from dry land, and it's bitter memories G F Casting out my sweet line, with abandonment and love Am C No ceiling bearing down on me, save the starry sky above G F Am With light in my head, you in my arms, woo woo ooh G F Am C G F I wish I was the brake man, on a hurtlin' fevered train Am C Crashing headlong into the heartland, like a cannon in the rain G F With the beating of the sleepers, and the burning of the coal Am C Counting towns flashing by me, in a night that's full of soul G F Am With light in my head, you in my arms, woo woo ooh
G F Oh I know I will be loosened, from bonds that hold me fast Am C And the chains all hung around me, will fall away at last G F And on that fine and fateful day, I will take thee in my hands Am C I will ride on the train, I will be the fisherman G F Am C With light in my head, you in my arms, woo woo ooh G F Am C G F Am C G F Light in my head, you in my arms Am C Light in my head, you in my arms G F Light in my head, you in my arms Am C Light in my head, woo woo ooh
Dead Flowers
Well, when you′re sitting there in your silk upholstered chair
Talking to some rich folk that you know
Well, I hope you won't see me in my ragged company
Well, you know I could never be alone
Take me down little Susie, take me down
I know you think you′re the Queen of the Underground
And you can send me dead flowers every morning
Send me dead flowers by the mail
Send me dead flowers to my wedding
And I won't forget to put roses on your grave
Well, when you're sitting back in your rose pink Cadillac
Making bets on your Kentucky Derby days
I′ll be in my basement room with a needle and a spoon
And another girl to take my pain away
Take me down little Susie, take me down
I know you think you′re the Queen of the Underground
And you can send me dead flowers every morning
Send me dead flowers by the mail
Send me dead flowers to my wedding
And I won't forget to put roses on your grave, ayy
Take me down little Susie, take me down
I know you think you′re the Queen of the Underground
And you can send me dead flowers every morning
Send me dead flowers by the US mail
Send me dead flowers to my wedding
And I won't forget to put roses on your grave
No, I won′t forget to put roses on your grave
CocaineJ J Cale/Eric ClaptonEIf you want to hang outDYou've got to take her outEDCocaineEIf you want to get downDDown on the groundEDECocaineEShe don't lieDShe don't lieCBShe don't lieEDEDCocaineEIf you got bad newsDYou want to kick the bluesEDCocaineEWhen your day is doneDAnd you want to ride onEDCocaineEShe don't lieDShe don't lieCBShe don't lieEDEDCocaine[Solo]|E|DEIf your day is goneDAnd you want to ride onEDCocaineEDon't forget this factDYou can't get it backEDCocaineEShe don't lieDShe don't lieCBShe don't lieEDEDCocaine
Jackson
We got married in a fever, hotter than a pepper sprout We've been talkin' 'bout Jackson ever since the fire went out I'm going to Jackson, I'm gonna mess around Yeah, I'm goin' to Jackson Look out, Jackson town
Well, go on down to Jackson, go ahead and wreck your health Go play your hand, you big-talkin' man, and make a big fool of yourself Yeah, go to Jackson, go comb your hair Honey, I'm gonna snowball Jackson See if I care When I breeze into that city, people gonna stoop and bow (Hah) All them women gonna make me, teach 'em what they don't know how I'm goin' to Jackson, you turn-a loose-a my coat 'Cause I'm goin' to Jackson "Goodbye," that's all she wrote But they'll laugh at you in Jackson, and I'll be dancin' on a Pony Keg They'll lead you 'round town like a scolded hound With your tail tucked between your legs Yeah, go to Jackson, you big-talkin' man And I'll be waitin' in Jackson, behind my Japan Fan Well now, we got married in a fever, hotter than a pepper sprout We've been talkin' 'bout Jackson ever since the fire went out I'm goin' to Jackson, and that's a fact Yeah, we're goin' to Jackson Ain't never comin' back Well, we got married in a fever, hotter than a pepper sprout Honey, we've been talkin' 'bout Jackson, ever since the fire went
Marliese Fisher Z G C G C I told them I take photos for this magazine G C G G They let me in to see you comb your hair C D G I watched for signs as I came through that door C D G The anxious eyes that I've been waiting for C D It's no use hoping I'm a dream G Oh Marliese D C G D C The waiting almost brought me to my knees G Oh Marliese D C G D C You didn't really think I'd leave you in peace G C G C It's no use crying out 'cos they can't help you now G C G G You're forced to hear the words I have to say C D G I saw your face when I was taken down C D G You seemed so pleased, you're not so happy now C D It's your turn to be afraid G Oh Marliese D C G D C The waiting almost brought me to my knees G Oh Marliese D C G D C You didn't really think I'd leave you in peace G C G C So where's the smooth composure of the movie star G C G G You must have played this many times before C D G Do I see tears? Well surely that's not true C D G Don't kid yourself, it's not worth hurting you C D But remember when you try to sleep G Oh Marliese D C G D C The waiting almost brought me to my knees G Oh Marliese D C G D C You didn't really think I'd leave you in peace
AMERICAN PIE
G D Em
A long, long time ago,
Am C Em D
I can still remember how that music used to make me smile
G D Em
And I know if I had my chance,
Am C Em C D
that I could make those people dance and maybe they'd be happy for a while
G Am
Did you write the book of love
C Am Em D
and do you have faith in god above, if the bible tells you so
G D Em
Do you believe in rock and roll,
Am7 C Em A7 D
can music save your mortal soul and can you teach me how to dance real slow
Em D Em D
Well I know that you're in love with him 'cause I saw you dancin' in the gym
C A7 C D7
You both kicked off your shoes, man I dig those rhythm and blues
G D Em Am C
I was a lonely teenage broncin' buck with a pink carnation and a pickup truck
G D Em C D7 G C G
but I knew I was out of luck the day the music died
I started singin'
G C G D
So bye, bye Miss American Pie
G C G D
Drove my Chevy to the levy but the levy was dry
G C G D
and them good old boys were drinkin' whiskey and rye
Em A7 Em D7
Singin' this will be the day that I die, this will be the day that I die
G D Em
I met a girl who sang the blues
Am C Em D
and I asked her for some happy news, but she just smiled and turned away
G D Em
I went down to the sacred store
Am C Em C
where I'd heard the music years before, but the man there said the music
D
wouldn't play
Em Am Em Am
But in the streets the children screamed, the lovers cried and the poets
dreamed
C Am C D
But not a word was spoken, the church bells all were broken
G D Em Am7 C D7
And the three men I admire most, the Father, Son, and the Holy Ghost
G D Em Am7 D7 G
They caught the last train for the coast the day the music died,
And they were singin'
G C G D
So bye, bye Miss American Pie
G C G D
Drove my Chevy to the levy but the levy was dry
G C G D
and them good old boys were drinkin' whiskey and rye
Em A7 Em D7
Singin' this will be the day that I die, this will be the day that I die
G C G D
So bye, bye Miss American Pie
G C G D
Drove my Chevy to the levy but the levy was dry
G C G D
and them good old boys were drinkin' whiskey and rye
C D7 G
Singin' this will be the day that I die
Óro, Sé Do Bheatha 'Bhaile
Se do bheatha a bhean ba leanmhar! Be 'e are gcreach tu bheith i ngeibhinn, Do dhuiche bhrea i seilbh meirleach 'S tu diolta leis na Ghallaibh. Oro, se do bheatha 'bhaile! Oro, se do bheatha 'bhaile! Oro, se do bheatha 'bhaile! Anois are theacht an tsamhraidh. Ta Grainne Mhaol ag teacht thar saile, Oglaigh armtha lei mar gharda; Gaeil iad fein 's ni Gaill na Spainnigh, 'S cuirfid siad ruaig are Ghallaibh. A bhui le Ri na bhfeart go bhfeiceam, Muna mbeam beo 'na dhiaidh ach seachtain, Grainne Mhaol agus mile gaiscioch Ag fogairt fain are Ghallaibh. Oro, se do bheatha 'bhaile! Oro, se do bheatha 'bhaile! Oro, se do bheatha 'bhaile! Anois are theacht an tsamhraidh.
Nothing Compares To UCGIt's been seven hours and fifteen daysAmCGsince you took your love awayCGI go out every night and sleep all dayAmCGsince you took your love awayCGSince you been gone I can do what-ever I wantAmCGI can see whomever I chooseCGI can eat my dinner in a fancy restaurantAmEbut nothing, I said nothing can take away these bluesBF'cos nothing comparesAmGnothing compares 2 U.CGIt's been so lonely without U hereAmCGlike a bird without a songCGnothing can stop these lonely tears from fallingAmFtell me baby where did I go wrong?CGI could put my arms around every boy I seeAmGbut they only remind me of U.CGI went to the doctor and guess what he told me guess what he told meAmEhe said: "girl U better try to have fun no matter what U do"but he's a foolBF'cos nothing comparesAmGnothing compares 2U.CGAll the flowers that U planted mamaAmin the back yardCGall died when U went awayCGI know that living with U baby was sometimes hardAmEbut I'm willing 2 give U another tryBF'cos nothing comparesAmGnothing compares 2U.BF'cos nothing comparesAmGnothing compares 2U.BF'cos nothing comparesAmGnothing compares 2U.
Knocking on heavens door
G D Am G D C
Oo oo-oo oo
G D Am G D C
Oo oo-oo oo Oo oo-oo oo
G D Am
Mama take this badge off of me
G D C
I can't use it anymore
G D Am
It's getting dark, too dark to see
G D C
I feel I'm knockin on heaven's door
G D Am
Knock, knock, knockin' on heaven's door
G D C
Knock, knock, knockin' on heaven's door
G D Am
Knock, knock, knockin' on heaven's door
G D C
Knock, knock, knockin' on heaven's door
G D Am
Mama put my guns in the ground
G D C
I can't shoot them anymore
G D Am
That long black cloud is comin' down
G D C
I feel I'm knockin' on heaven's door
G D Am
Knock, knock, knockin' on heaven's door
G D C
Knock, knock, knockin' on heaven's door
G D Am
Knock, knock, knockin' on heaven's door
G D C
Knock, knock, knockin' on heaven's door
G D Am G
Oo oo-oo oo (fade)"Bloodflood Pt.II"
Heat shimmer
Hips quiver
Open smother
Lipped lover
Dead in the middle of the C-O-double-M-O-N
Little did I know then that the Mandela Boys
Soon become Mandela Men
Razor blades on a melted toothbrush
Slash, slash / Assassin de la police
Heat shimmer
Silky glistener
Open smother
Lipped lover
Dead in the middle of the C-O-double-M-O-N
Little did I know then that the Mandela Boys
Soon become Mandela Men
Silent knife, unholy knife
I've fallen for the black outside my window
On the C-O-double-M-O-N
On the C-O-double-M-O-N
A flood of blood to the heart
A flood of blood to the heart
A flood of blood to the heart
A flood of blood to the heart
No Mistakes Sarah Shook and the Disarmers
You
ain’t got no way of knowin’ what you got until it’s gone
My
baby she sure showed me
But every I find myself all down and out I
realise
I am to blame to some degree
Well I ain’t
makin’ no mistakes like the last time
I ain’t just keepin’
you around as a pastime
I swear I won’t take you for granted
I
get I don’t deserve demandin’
Baby please give me one last
try
Well I gave my best and fell short by a mile
And no
man got no business tellin’ you to smile
But I’m the one who
brought you down can’t I makе it up somehow?
I’d give
anything I own to reconcilе
Well I ain’t makin’ no
mistakes like the last time
I ain’t just keepin’ you around as
a pastime
I swear I won’t take you for granted
I get I don’t
deserve demandin’
Baby please give me one last try
Well
I ain’t makin’ no mistakes like the last time
I ain’t just
keepin’ you around as a pastime
I swear I won’t take you for
granted
I get I don’t deserve demandin’
Baby please give me
one last try
Baby please give me one last try
Baby please give
me one last try
Rocking in the free world Neil Young Em D C x4 Em D C Colours on the street Em D C Red white and blue Em D C People shufflin' their feet Em D C People sleepin' in their shoes Em D C But there's a warnin' sign on the road ahead Em D C There's a lot of people sayin' we'd be better off dead Em D C Don't feel like Satan but I'm to them Em D C so I try to forget it anyway I can G D C C Em KEEP ON ROCKIN' IN THE FREE WORLD G D C C Em KEEP ON ROCKIN' IN THE FREE WORLD G D C C Em KEEP ON ROCKIN' IN THE FREE WORLD G D C C Em KEEP ON ROCKIN' IN THE FREE WORLD A play for 4 bars Em D C x4 Em D C I see a woman in the night Em D C With a baby in her hand Em D C Under an old street light Em D C Near a garbage can Em D C Now she puts the kid away and she's gone to get a hit Em D C She hates her life and what she's done to it Em D C That's one more kid that will never go to school Em D C Never get to fall in love never get to be cool G D C C Em KEEP ON ROCKIN' IN THE FREE WORLD G D C C Em KEEP ON ROCKIN' IN THE FREE WORLD G D C C Em KEEP ON ROCKIN' IN THE FREE WORLD G D C C Em KEEP ON ROCKIN' IN THE FREE WORLD A (play for 4 bars Solo Em D C Em D C We got a thousand points of light Em D C For the homeless man Em D C We got a kinder gentler machine gun hand Em D C (no words) Em D C We got department stores and toilet paper Em D C Got styrofoam boxes for the ozone layer Em D C Got a man of the people says keep hope alive Em D C Got fuel to burn got roads to drive
Got my Mojo Working
Got my mojo working, but it just won't work on you
Got my mojo working, but it just won't work on you
I want to love you so bad, I don't know what to do
Going down to Louisiana to get me a mojo hand
Going down to Louisiana to get me a mojo hand
I'm going to have all you women, getcha under my command
Got my mojo working
Got my mojo working
Got my mojo working
Got my mojo working
Got my mojo working, but it just won't work on you
I got a gypsy woman giving me advice
I got a gypsy woman giving me advice
I got a whole lot of tricks keeping here on ice
Kommentare